Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 13- Make money with Fiverr

Hey guys, 

As promised this one is about making money, and truth be told this is the first time I'm actually making money online. 
What is Fiverr?
Fiverr is a site that gives you a chance to make 4$ per order. In this site you will have to create "gigs". You write what you are willing to do for 5$ publish it and wait for people to order your service. Out of the 5$ they will pay, 1$ is a commission that the site takes. 

How does it work?
Once you have your gig up and running people will be able to order from you. You will get notification to your e-mail for every order or message you get. When you create the gig you will have to write the estimated time it will take you to complete your order. Once an order is made you will have to deliver by the deadline you wrote. If not able to do so you will have another 24 hours before the client will be able to cancel his order without your permission. Once you deliver the complete work the client will approve it and the order will be marked as complete if the client does nothing the order will be marked complete automatically after three days. Once you complete an order the money is yours and after two weeks you will be able to withdrawal it or use it to order on Fiverr. As far as cancellation goes, there are a few ways to cancel an order, if you and the client both agree to cancel the order you just do it and all is well. If you decide to cancel it alone it will cost you in your rating.
How to choose a gig?
sounds easy right? well it basically is but here is the catch: You have to come up with a gig that will be worth 5$ for the clients but won't be too time consuming for you. Think about how much you are making right now and think about how many gigs you will have to do per hour to get to that payment. then divide one hour (60 minutes) by the number of gigs and you will find out what is the maximum time you will have to dedicate to each order. For example, although right now I'm doing nothing so basically every dollar I make is worth my time, I thought  about my last job where I made about 10$ - 12$ an hour. That means I will have to complete 3 orders per hour in order to make the same amount of money. If you divide 60 by 3 you will find that every order should take me about 20 minutes. 

I recommend to go for something less time consuming and create a gig that will allow you to complete orders in less than 10 minutes. This way you will be able to make 24 $ per hour. Take into consideration that you will usually won't get more than 6-8 orders a day so this can't be your primary job or anything like that but it can definitely be  a way to make extra few bucks  everyday. 

How to get orders?
As I said before,  the gig MUST be worth 5$ or more. If not  most people won't be willing to pay you. When you create the gig make sure you describe in an attractive that will make you sound professional in the area you chose. Add a relevant picture and most important add a video, the video usually make you sound more believable and attractive. Moreover, you should make sure you put the gig in the right category and write the right key words. Just think about the people who would be interested in a gig like yours and what would be the search words they would use. Make sure the work you provide is good and that the clients are happy so that their rating will be good. Don't worry if you get a few bad comments  if most of your clients are happy it won't make a difference since the  more orders you take the less a few bad rating will effect the rating percentage.

Another thing that I haven't figured out completely yet is how to get your gig to the first page and how to get featured. From what I understand the more positive ratings you get from your customers the better your position will be, I also read somewhere that once you get to 20 positive ratings you will get featured. I don't know if it's true or not, I'm only at 15 right now. I will let you know if it's true once I will get to 20. Once I figure out how to get my gig to the first page I will let you know. But even now when my gig is only at the second page in the video section I still get about 4-5 new orders each day.

My experience: 

I created my gig 13 days ago, I already made 72$ and I have new orders in my pipeline worth 76$. Sounds nice right? The thing is , at first I put too much time in to every gig, and got so stressed about keeping my customers happy I wasn't sure if it was worth it.  another thing is that just after I created the gig and started getting orders I was shut down for about 4-5 days by my personal life. My initial deadline was 7 days, so I was left with 14 orders that I had to deliver in less than 24 hours. This time pressure made me create a more efficient system and finally I was able to deliver all the orders. After that I edited the deadline to 10 days, but I am trying to complete orders as fast as I can so I won't get into the same mess again. 

These are my gigs:
Let make money people!

Yours,
The Beginner

No comments:

Post a Comment