Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 15- General Time Managment

We all have calendars and we all write what we have to do somewhere, some of us work with cellphones, some with e-mails account and some with the classical hand written calendar. I tried working with all of these things but somehow I still didn't manage my time right, I always had to cancel meetings and appointments and all ways barely made it to the deadlines. So, I decided to create my own system based on my own needs. I've been working with this system for 3 years and it has been a life saver, I shared it with a lot of my friends who encountered the same problem and it really helped them. Today I will share this system with you.

The first step is to create a table on Excel, every row will be a day in your calendar, in the first row you will right the main categories of your activities.

For example in my table I have: Work/School | Important dead-lines | Free time| Doctors| Chores | work-out| Beauty treatments.

In everyday you will have all these categories to fill up (if you need to).

The Rules:
  1. After you set up the table you will take all the activities that you do on a regular basis and you will set them up in the table.
  2. Write only one task for each category in each day.
  3. Create a daily table - it could be on one of the calendars you were using before.
  4. Every day before you go to sleep, look at the big excel table and plan your day for tomorrow.
  5. plan the tasks you have by the closest dead-line.
  6. every time you get a new task or dead line insert it to the big table and plan the steps you will take in order to reach your dead-line.
  7. If for some reason the day didn't go out as planed don't panic, just rearrange the big table (that's what copy paste is for).

I know it might seem like making your life a little bit over planned but I assure you, you will find the time to just chill and do nothing, if you really hate being over planed you can always choose one day of the week to not be planned.

Let's make money people!

Yours,
The beginner

No comments:

Post a Comment