Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 12 - Regroup

Hey guys! 

I know I haven't written in a while, I had crazy and unpleasant two weeks and I just had to take a little time to regroup. And that is what I wanted to talk about today. 
Sometimes you need to know when to let go for a while and just "lick the wounds".  I know everybody are saying the show must go on, and that you just need to keep going, I  agree but I think all things need to be done at the right time. We are not machines we can't just keep on going no matter what happens. 

These last two weeks I decided to take everything easy, I thought pushing myself like I always do wasn't right. I still worked most of the day but I did the more simple things, the ones I didn't have to think a lot about, and the ones that made me feel comfortable. When life hits you you don't have to stop but you do have to slow down until you regain your balance. I did slow down and next week I'm planning to get back on track. 
All I'm saying is push yourself to the limit all the time but always make sure to know where the limit is, sometimes we need to get it a little bit closer. These two weeks I had a few days that I just wanted to relax and clear my head and other days that I wanted to work and distract myself a little bit. I'm glad I did all of it and didn't push myself to hard, I might have wasted a little bit of time but to me it wasn't a waist. If I wouldn't have stopped by now I would have been completely ineffective.

Another recommendation, especially if you work from home is to get away for a day, you don't have to stop working just change the atmosphere, go and stay with relatives, rent an hotel room for the night. It will clear your mind and will help you focus and your work. 

"Slow down you're doing fine
You can't be everything you want to be 
Before your time."
- Billy Joel 

I promise the next blog will be about making money ! 

Let's make money people! 

Yours, 
The Beginner

No comments:

Post a Comment