Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 7- Persistence

Hey everyone! 

Well weekend is here again and in that spirit I will take a little rest from technical stuff and I will tell you about the last few days and about the most important thing in your way to success - PERSISTENCE.

"persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality; the other, a matter of time"

Well, in the last few days I wasn't feeling very well, the whole making money on the internet thing over whelmed me a little bit. Every time I started to think that I have figured out a little bit of this huge thing called the internet another million questions pop and I discover there are a lot more steps I need to take before I even begin to try to make money. 

Over whelmed by the internet and feeling ill, I found out two days ago at 11pm that I have to organize a room that became our 'storage room' so that someone could sleep there the next day. If you took one look at that room you would have thought that it was mission impossible! That's what I thought and I honestly had no idea how I was going to do it. I got into the room, looked at it, I thought that maybe I should plan it out a little bit before I start but then I figured that if I will think about it even a little bit longer I would just give up so I just started to take everything out of the room. In the end it didn't take much time to organize that room and make it hospitable.  I even got rid of a few unnecessary things  we just kept around for no good reason. I was pretty exhausted by the time I was done with the room. That night I planned to write a post and publish it the next day because I knew I won't have time to write one on Thursday. So I set down to write the post when I heard my mom panickally calling me, I went to the kitchen were I found my mom standing around a big pull of water that kept growing and growing. apparently our dishwasher was leaking!! So we had to draw all the water. In the middle of drawing all the water the power went off! 
So here I am in the middle of the night standing  exhausted in the dark on a really wet floor ready to give up on it all.  

You probably figured out that I didn't give up... I decided nothing will keep me from writing that post for my blog! So I fixed the power problem, dried the floor, took a deep breath and wrote the blog....
What does it have to do with persistence? Everything! If I would decide to slake anytime things aren't going my way I would end up nowhere. With that said, I think that we can allow ourselves to take a step back every once in a while, as long as it really is once in a while. 

I except myself as a person who start things but not always finish them, I started learning how to play guitar and didn't really practice it, I start a diet every week but I don't really stick to it, I start to work out but I can't hold on to a routine long enough to call it a routine. I think most of us are like that but some just can't forgive themselves for that. But with this learning process I can't slake and I can't give up, this time I need to be PERSISTENT! I know that if I make it here I will have means to make my dreams come true. I guess what I'm saying is that for some people persistence it easier then to others, if you are like me than just find something that will keep you going, commit to something and let everybody know you are committed to it, once you do that it would be harder for you to give up and once you overcome a setback like I have these last few days you will become even more committed to the cause! And most of all don't be so hard on yourself... 

Have a great weekend! 

"Money grows on the tree of persistence" - Japanese proverb

Let's make money people! 

Yours, 
The Beginner

No comments:

Post a Comment