Friday, December 10, 2010

First Day - Creating a Blog

Today is very exceptional because of the amount of posts.. But as it is the beginning there are a lot of steps need to be taken..  So the first step is creating my blog, I chose Blogger to do it because it is for free and is very easy to use. I tried using Wordpress but I found it more complicated specially for people like me with no skills when it comes to the internet. 

So to sum up what I learned about blogging today is that free blogging accounts have a lot of terms and conditions and that if you want to make great amounts of money it's not the way to do it. The main reason is you don't have full control over your blog and you are bound to the terms and conditions which usually includes not being able to actively promote anything. 

Steps to make money out of blogging: 
  1. Think about a theme for your blog - something you can write about everyday. 
  2. Post regularly - Some say that if you post at list four times a week your blog will clime up the google searcg pretty fast - We will see about that. 
  3. Get people to read your blog (generate traffic)  - social bookmarking sites, social networking sites where you can and build a profile which contains a link to your blog, writing free articles for article directories with a link to your blog at the end. There are some software's that are meant to generate traffic but they cost money and I haven't tried them out yet. 
  4. Get money from your blog- 
    1. Google Adsense (display contextual ads that your visitors will be interested in to maximize your CTR - click through rate).
    2. Pay Per Post and Review Me- websites which pay you money for reviewing a product or a website.
    3. Review/Recommend other people's products and get money from the commission
    4. Ad space on your blog - but this one is relevant only after you are more established.
    5. Sell your blog- after it is more established and generates a lot of traffic. 
So I already acted against the first advice of not creating a blog at a free-blog website. As I read the terms and conditions of this blog site I couldn't find any limitations, it is easy to use as I  have no skills, it is free and for now it best suites me. Maybe with time I will figure out if it was a mistake or not but for now this blog will do. 

As for the steps - I am now working on the second and third steps. I posted the link on my Facebook page and on my Twitter page, sent an  email with the link to everyone I know and now I'm on my way to create a Community-Group on Facebook. 
I found a post about how to create one which was really useful so here it is: 
http://fbml-templates.net/2010/10/how-to-make-a-facebook-fan-page-ultimate-guide/

So this is the fan page I created! 

http://www.facebook.com/pages/How-to-make-money-on-the-internet-with-no-skills/109806022426299?v=photos#!/pages/How-to-make-money-on-the-internet-with-no-skills/109806022426299

Lets make money people! 

Yours, 
The Beginner

No comments:

Post a Comment